Other than the mosquitoes, life in the Lowcountry is pretty much perfect. By cutting down on energy, you can avoid raising your energy bill and spend your leisure time and money the way you want. Don’t let excessive utility bills eat up your resources. Dyess Air & Plumbing can show you how to be a friend to the environment and save a little cash with these energy-saving ideas.
Dial (843) 242-0855 now to learn more about Bluffton heating and AC appliances that can help you cut back on energy usage.
Dyess Air has come through on a difficult job. They did a great job!
Dyess Air provided excellent service!
Easy to work with, quick to respond, and service is always top notch with a smile.
The team was very professional and responsive.
Warm Weather Tips
Fight heat and humidity without going broke. Just a few adjustments to your home and your routine can help you stay comfortable and save energy.
For example, you could:
- Avoid doing laundry and cooking during the day. Skip the oven and prepare meals using the microwave or, better yet, out on the grill.
- Turn off unneeded lights and electronic devices.
- Turn on your ceiling fans and bump up your thermostat. The cool feeling of air movement should allow you to raise the temperature about four degrees.
- Add outdoor awnings to shade your home and consider upgrading your windows if they are made of single-pane glass.
Cool Weather Tips
Before the wind starts to blow and the cold weather rolls in, take steps to save on your heating bill.
To cut down on energy usage trying to stay warm, you could:
- Keep the temperature set to 68 degrees, if your health permits, and layer on a cozy sweater or blanket. Each degree above 68 draws between three and five percent more energy.
- When you’ll be away at least eight hours, drop the thermostat by 10 to 12 degrees. Doing this regularly could shave as much as 15 percent from your heating bill.
- Keep windows covered to prevent warm air from escaping.
- Caulk any gaps around your windows and door frames.
- Reverse the direction in which your ceiling fans spin. The blades should push air downward during winter so that warm air gathered near the ceiling is forced back down.
Everyday Energy Savings
No matter the time of year, you can take control of your energy usage.
Some easy ways to lower your energy bill could be to:
- Change to Energy Star®-rated light bulbs to cut as much as 20 percent from your energy bills throughout the year.
- Make sure heating and cooling vents are open and are not blocked by furniture or curtains.
- Use a programmable thermostat to raise and lower temperatures when you are away from home.
- Remember to schedule seasonal tune-ups to keep your heating and cooling systems running at peak efficiency.
- Hire a certified HVAC technician to inspect ductwork, repair damage, and seal leaks. Leaky ducts reduce the effectiveness of your heating and cooling system, waste energy, and increase your power bills.
- Choose Energy Star® appliances when it’s time to replace older units. Once appliances reach the 10-year mark, it’s time to seriously weigh an upgrade to newer, more efficient technology.
Get More from Dyess Air & Plumbing
From home-energy audits and duct-sealing services to preventive HVAC maintenance and indoor air quality products, Dyess Air & Plumbing has the expertise you need to save energy and trim your monthly bills. We offer top-rated heating and air conditioning systems from leading manufacturers and deliver the best service in the Bluffton area.
Call Dyess Air & Plumbing today to ask for advice on saving energy or to set up a service appointment. We want to earn your business as a customer for life. Dial (843) 242-0855 today.
Earning Customers For LifeWe strive to do such a good job that we earn your business for life.
Trained TechniciansAll of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
Trustworthy & HonestWe never promise anything that we cannot guarantee.
24/7 Emergency ServiceWe are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies happen.
Financing OptionsWe offer financing options to save you money.
Respect Your HomeWe treat your home as if it was our own. We treat it with respect.
We built our company around honest, reliable work dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. When you need dependable heating, AC or plumbing services in your home, call our team to schedule an appointment or request a service online today.