Most people realize that poor air quality can have a negative effect on health. But many people don’t realize that the air inside their homes can be harmful. If you’re suffering from poor indoor air quality, Dyess Air & Plumbing can help. We offer a full range of products and indoor air quality services for home and business owners in Bluffton and Hilton Head Island, SC, as well as in Claxton and Rincon, GA.
Very impressed! Definitely deserving of a top notch rating!!
The team from Dyess was on time, did a great job for one year service and replacement!
How could anyone not choose DYESS Air & Plumbing as their go to?!
I would highly recommend this company!
Called and got a tech the same day.
When it comes to improving the air quality inside your home, business, or commercial building, you have several options to choose from. The right air quality system will depend on your particular concerns.
At Dyess Air & Plumbing, we offer several different types of indoor air quality systems, including:
- Air cleaners
- Whole-house air filtration systems
- Ultraviolet air purifiers
Whether you want to filter excess dust and pet dander or you need to eliminate all potentially harmful contaminants from the air, our team can help you find the perfect system. We can come out to your home for a professional evaluation and recommendation; contact us today to get started!
The Benefits of Improved Indoor Air Quality
Installing an indoor air quality system in your home or place of business has numerous benefits. Depending on the specific type of system you choose, you can help improve the overall comfort, health, and safety of your space.
Some of the many benefits of installing an indoor air quality system include:
- Remove Allergens & Pollutants -
A lot of people develop some kind of allergy in time. But, having good clean air can remove those allergens that your body has a hard time tolerating. With clean air, it gives your body time to recover, so that you can back outdoors with no problems.
- Better breathing -
Having cleaner air in your home can make breathing easier. Breathing easy is something that we can take for granted and that can get you into trouble. The more contaminated air that you are breathing the easier and more susceptible you are to getting sick.
- Improved sleep quality -
With cleaner air, you will notice that your rest easier and sleep deeper. When you aren't sneezing or coughing in the middle of the night you body is less stressed and is more ready to fall asleep.
- Elimination of unwanted odors/contaminants -
With a quality air filtration system, you help remove those pesky odors that seem to linger around your home from either germs or bacteria.
Indoor air quality systems are especially beneficial for homes with indoor smokers, pets, and asthma/allergy sufferers.
What are the Signs of Bad Indoor Air Quality?
Poor indoor air quality can have a significant impact on your health and well-being. Recognizing the signs of bad indoor air quality is important so that you can take steps to improve it.
Here are some common signs to look out for:
- Allergies and Respiratory Issues: If you or your family members frequently experience symptoms like sneezing, coughing, wheezing, nasal congestion, or itchy/watery eyes when indoors, it could be a sign of poor air quality. Allergens like dust mites, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores can trigger these reactions.
- Unpleasant Odors: Persistent and unpleasant odors, such as musty smells, moldy or mildewy scents, or chemical odors, can be indicative of indoor air quality problems. These odors may result from mold, mildew, chemical pollutants, or volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Excess Humidity: High humidity levels can lead to mold and mildew growth, which can negatively affect indoor air quality. Condensation on windows, damp walls or ceilings, and a general feeling of mugginess are signs of excess humidity.
- Visible Mold and Mildew: If you see mold or mildew growing on walls, ceilings, or other surfaces, it's a clear sign of poor indoor air quality. Mold spores can become airborne and cause respiratory issues.
- Stale or Stuffy Air: A lack of ventilation and fresh outdoor air can lead to a feeling of stagnant or stale air. Adequate ventilation is crucial for maintaining good air quality.
- Excessive Dust: A buildup of dust on surfaces, even shortly after cleaning, can be a sign of poor air quality. Dust can contain allergens and other pollutants.
- Frequent Illness: If you or your family members frequently suffer from colds, flu, or respiratory infections, it may be due to the presence of airborne pathogens or contaminants in your indoor air.
- Exacerbated Asthma or Allergies: People with asthma or allergies may notice that their symptoms worsen when they are indoors. This could be due to indoor allergens or irritants.
- Difficulty Breathing: Some individuals may experience difficulty breathing or shortness of breath when indoor air quality is poor, especially if they have pre-existing respiratory conditions.
- Headaches and Fatigue: Poor air quality can lead to headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. These symptoms may result from exposure to pollutants like carbon monoxide or VOCs.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarms: If your carbon monoxide detector is triggered, it's a clear sign of a potentially life-threatening indoor air quality issue. Immediately evacuate your home and seek professional help.
To improve indoor air quality, you can take several steps, such as improving ventilation, using air purifiers, maintaining a clean living space, reducing sources of pollution, and addressing any water leaks or mold issues. If you're concerned about indoor air quality, consider consulting with a professional for testing and recommendations.
Contact Dyess Air & Plumbing Today
If you’re interested in improving the air quality inside your home or business, reach out to our team today. We can help you find the right system for your unique concerns, needs, and space. Our technicians are highly trained and have extensive experience working with all types of indoor air quality systems. We can assist you with new system installation, repairs, replacement, or even routine system maintenance.
Earning Customers For LifeWe strive to do such a good job that we earn your business for life.
Trained TechniciansAll of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
Trustworthy & HonestWe never promise anything that we cannot guarantee.
24/7 Emergency ServiceWe are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies happen.
Financing OptionsWe offer financing options to save you money.
Respect Your HomeWe treat your home as if it was our own. We treat it with respect.
We built our company around honest, reliable work dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. When you need dependable heating, AC or plumbing services in your home, call our team to schedule an appointment or request a service online today.