A properly working heating system isn’t just a matter of comfort; during the coldest months of the year, it’s a matter of safety. If your heater is more than 15-20 years old, depending on the type of system you have, it’s probably time to consider replacing it. Similarly, if your heating system constantly breaks down and the cost of repairs is more than the cost of replacement, you may wish to have a newer model installed.
At Dyess Air & Plumbing, we offer top-quality heating system installations in Bluffton and the surrounding areas. With locations in South Carolina and Georgia, we serve residential and commercial customers throughout a large region. Our highly skilled and NATE-certified technicians work quickly and efficiently to install your new heating system with minimal downtime. Once the job is complete, we’ll do a comprehensive quality assurance check.
Very impressed! Definitely deserving of a top notch rating!!
The team from Dyess was on time, did a great job for one year service and replacement!
How could anyone not choose DYESS Air & Plumbing as their go to?!
I would highly recommend this company!
Called and got a tech the same day.
When something is faulty with your furnace, it can be difficult to determine whether repair or replacement is the better option. Our HVAC technicians at Dyess Air & Plumbing will always attempt to repair rather than replace, but sometimes replacement ends up being the most viable option.
Signs it's time to replace your furnace:
- It's more than 10 years old - most heating systems last between 10 and 15 years, so if your furnace is nearing the end of it's useful lifespan when it breaks down, it makes more sense to opt for a replacement instead.
- You've had it repaired in the past - if you continuously have to schedule repairs for your heating system, at some point it becomes the more economical choice to replace it instead.
- The cost of repair is more than twice the cost of replacement - depending on the extent of damage to your furnace, replacement may be the better option. If the damage is so extensive that the cost or repair would be more than half the cost it would be to get a new furnace, we suggest opting for the new furnace.
- You are looking to upgrade to a more energy efficient model - heating systems have come a long way in energy efficiency in the last 10 years, so if you are looking to save on monthly utilities by switching to a more energy efficient model, our team can guide you to make the best choice for your needs.
Types of Heating Systems We Install
We proudly offer top-of-the-line products and advanced heating systems from Carrier and Trane. Our HVAC installation technicians can help you select the right system for your home or commercial property. Choosing a system that is the correct size for your space is important, as is finding a model that is designed to meet your unique comfort needs.
At Dyess Air & Plumbing, we install the following types of heating systems:
- Gas furnaces
- Electric furnaces
- Heat pumps
- Commercial heaters
- Ductless systems
- Air handlers
We stand behind everything we do. When we install your new heating system, we make sure that everything is done correctly so you don’t have to worry about unexpected breakdowns or issues. In addition to our heating installation services, we also provide reliable and professional indoor air quality services.
What Size Heating System is Appropriate for Your Home?
Determining the appropriate size for a heating system in your home is a crucial step in ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively. An undersized system may struggle to heat your home adequately, while an oversized system can lead to energy waste and discomfort.
Here are the steps to help you determine the right size for your heating system:
- Manual J Load Calculation: A Manual J calculation is a detailed method that takes into account various factors specific to your home, including its size, layout, insulation, windows, doors, and local climate. This calculation is typically performed by a professional HVAC technician and is the most accurate way to determine your heating needs.
- Consider Insulation: Ensure that your home is well-insulated. Proper insulation can significantly impact the size of the heating system you need. If your home is well-insulated, you may require a smaller system.
- Window and Door Evaluation: Take note of the number and quality of windows and doors in your home. These can be significant sources of heat loss. Energy-efficient windows and doors can reduce heat loss and allow for a smaller heating system.
- Climate Considerations: Your local climate plays a vital role in determining your heating system size. A home in a colder climate will require a larger system to provide adequate heating.
- Square Footage: While not the sole factor to consider, the square footage of your home provides a rough estimate of your heating needs. However, relying solely on square footage can lead to an inaccurate sizing, which is why a Manual J calculation is recommended.
- Ductwork and Distribution: Ensure that your ductwork and heating system distribution are appropriate for the size of your home. Properly designed and balanced ductwork is essential for even heating.
- Consult a Professional: It's highly recommended to consult with a qualified HVAC professional who can perform a Manual J calculation and assess your specific home's needs. They will take all relevant factors into account to recommend the right-sized heating system.
Remember that getting the size right is essential for efficiency and comfort. An oversized system will cycle on and off frequently, which can waste energy and reduce comfort. An undersized system will struggle to maintain your desired temperature. Therefore, investing in a proper sizing assessment is crucial for your long-term satisfaction with your heating system.
Ask About Our Financing Options
At Dyess Air & Plumbing, we understand that a new heating system can be an investment. And, while we believe that this is a worthwhile investment for your home, we also know that the upfront cost of a new heating system installation can be prohibitive for many people. Because of this, we are proud to offer financing for new HVAC systems. We also provide free estimates so you know the cost of your installation before we begin any work. Make sure to check out our reviews as well as our amazing coupons!
Earning Customers For LifeWe strive to do such a good job that we earn your business for life.
Trained TechniciansAll of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
Trustworthy & HonestWe never promise anything that we cannot guarantee.
24/7 Emergency ServiceWe are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies happen.
Financing OptionsWe offer financing options to save you money.
Respect Your HomeWe treat your home as if it was our own. We treat it with respect.
We built our company around honest, reliable work dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. When you need dependable heating, AC or plumbing services in your home, call our team to schedule an appointment or request a service online today.