Thermostats allow homeowners to manually control the temperature in their home. Programmable thermostats can be customized to heat and cool the home only when you are home, thus saving on energy bills. Some thermostats are even able to be controlled remotely from your device. If you are looking to install a new HVAC system or upgrade an old one, Dyess Air & Plumbing offers advanced thermostat solutions to help you gain more precise control over the climate of your Bluffton home or business.
Call Dyess Air & Plumbing today to speak to one of our Bluffton thermostat specialists. Dial (843) 242-0855 or contact us online. We also have locations in Hilton Head Island, SC, Claxton and Rincon, GA.
Whether you are looking for a Wi-Fi enabled device to remotely set your home’s temperature, or a simple, precise thermostat, Dyess Air & Plumbing offers many options for keeping your home comfortable and your energy bills manageable. To find the right thermostat for your needs, call us today!
How Long Does Professional Thermostat Installation Take?
The duration of professional thermostat installation can vary based on several factors, including the type of thermostat being installed, the complexity of the installation, and the specific conditions of your HVAC system. However, in most cases, professional thermostat installation typically takes a few hours.
Here are some factors that can affect the installation time:
- Type of Thermostat: The type of thermostat being installed can significantly impact the installation time. Installing a basic, non-programmable thermostat is generally quicker and simpler than installing a smart thermostat with Wi-Fi connectivity and advanced features.
- Compatibility and Wiring: If your HVAC system and existing wiring are compatible with the new thermostat, the installation process will be smoother and faster. However, if wiring modifications or upgrades are needed, it can add time to the installation.
- Configuration and Testing: After the physical installation is complete, the HVAC professional will need to configure the thermostat settings, test the system to ensure it's functioning correctly, and explain its operation to you. This process can take some time.
- Complexity of the HVAC System: The complexity of your heating and cooling system can affect the installation time. Systems with multiple zones or additional components like humidifiers, dehumidifiers, or ventilation systems may require more time for installation and setup.
- Location of the Thermostat: The location of the thermostat in your home can impact the installation time. If it's located in a hard-to-reach or awkward spot, it may take longer to access and replace.
- Unforeseen Issues: Occasionally, unexpected issues may arise during the installation process, such as hidden wiring problems or compatibility issues. Dealing with these issues can extend the installation time.
It's a good idea to discuss the estimated installation time with the HVAC professional or technician before they begin the work. They can provide you with a more accurate timeframe based on the specific circumstances of your installation. In general, you can expect the process to be completed within a few hours.
What if You Have an Older HVAC System?
If you have an older HVAC system and are considering installing a new thermostat, here are the key points to keep in mind:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the thermostat you choose is compatible with your specific older HVAC system, as wiring and system compatibility can vary.
- Wiring: Older HVAC systems may require rewiring or additional components to work with a new thermostat.
- System Efficiency: Older HVAC systems are typically less energy-efficient, so while a new thermostat can help, it may have limited savings compared to upgrading to a more efficient system.
- Professional Assessment: Consult a professional HVAC technician to assess your system, provide compatibility advice, and recommend potential upgrades or improvements.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial for optimizing the performance of your HVAC system, regardless of its age.
- System Upgrade: Consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient HVAC system if your older system is unreliable, costly to maintain, or highly inefficient.
In summary, compatibility, system efficiency, professional guidance, and maintenance are critical factors to consider when installing a new thermostat on an older HVAC system. Upgrading to a more efficient system may provide greater long-term energy savings and comfort.
Very impressed! Definitely deserving of a top notch rating!!
The team from Dyess was on time, did a great job for one year service and replacement!
How could anyone not choose DYESS Air & Plumbing as their go to?!
I would highly recommend this company!
Called and got a tech the same day.
Dyess Air & Plumbing offers a variety of Trane and Carrier thermostats to meet your needs. Trane and Carrier have different lines of thermostats; Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi enabled. Non-Wi-Fi enabled thermostats can be either programmable or non-programmable. A programmable thermostat allows you to program a temperature schedule for your home to maximize your energy use. A non-programmable thermostat is a simple control of your HVAC system.
Wi-Fi enabled thermostats allow you to control your home’s HVAC system from your device. It doesn’t matter whether you are in another room or another state, your home’s temperature is at the tip of your fingers. Whether you are incorporating an upgraded thermostat to your current system or adding one to a new HVAC installation, Dyess Air & Plumbing can help you choose the best Trane or Carrier thermostat to meet your needs.
Ready to learn more about a new thermostat for your home or business? Schedule a consultation with one of our honest and trustworthy technicians today by contacting us online or dialing (843) 242-0855.
Earning Customers For LifeWe strive to do such a good job that we earn your business for life.
Trained TechniciansAll of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
Trustworthy & HonestWe never promise anything that we cannot guarantee.
24/7 Emergency ServiceWe are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies happen.
Financing OptionsWe offer financing options to save you money.
Respect Your HomeWe treat your home as if it was our own. We treat it with respect.
We built our company around honest, reliable work dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. When you need dependable heating, AC or plumbing services in your home, call our team to schedule an appointment or request a service online today.