Skimping on air conditioning maintenance is a bad idea. Air conditioners are sophisticated systems, and they need annual tune-ups to function optimally. The worst thing you can do to your AC system is expecting it to perform like a boss year after year without annual tune-ups. Heating and cooling contractors will tell you that the lion’s share of AC repair calls are due to poor air conditioning maintenance. If you haven’t already had your system checked out for the upcoming season, it’s time to prepare your cooling system for the hot and humid South Carolina summer ahead.
AC Maintenance For A Long And Productive AC Life
Treating your Hilton Head cooling system to a tune-up will keep it happy and healthy. When your air conditioner is happy, it will reward you with dependable and reliable indoor cooling performance year after year after year. Here’s what happens during an air conditioner tune-up:
- Inspection of indoor and outdoor units for existing and potential problems
- Thorough cleaning inside and out
- Perform any necessary adjustments and repairs
- Check electrical voltage and tighten any loose electrical connections
- Test the unit for optimal and safe performance
- Check thermostat for accuracy
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check refrigerant level and add refrigerant if necessary
- Replace the air filter
Top Reasons To Schedule Annual Air Conditioner Tune-ups
- Extends the lifespan of your air conditioner
- Increases AC efficiency
- Optimizes cooling performance
- Enhances indoor comfort
- Reduces the potential for AC repairs
Why Preventive Maintenance Plans Are Worth It
Air conditioners in Hilton Head and Bluffton that are covered under preventive maintenance agreements are less likely to require AC repairs. They also do a better job of controlling indoor humidity. Well-maintained air conditioners can last for up to 20 years, and because they perform more efficiently than poorly-maintained air conditioners, your utility bills may be less. Homeowners who invest in a preventive AC maintenance plan often save more on utility bills over the next year than the cost of the maintenance plan itself.
To learn more about how preventive maintenance plans can keep your South Carolina air conditioning system healthy and reduce the potential AC repair calls, visit Dyess Air or call (843) 242-0855.