If your air conditioner isn’t working as well as it used to or won’t turn on at all, Dyess Air & Plumbing is ready to help with reliable AC repair in Hilton Head Island. Since 1978, we have proudly served homeowners on Hilton Head Island and throughout the surrounding areas.
Our technicians are highly trained, extensively experienced, and capable of carrying out comprehensive repairs on all types of AC systems. We understand that, in our area, a broken air conditioner sometimes constitutes an emergency.
Because of this, we offer 24-hour emergency AC repair in Hilton Head Island, available 7 days a week at any time of year. Make sure you check out our Indoor air quality services as well!
Dyess Air has come through on a difficult job. They did a great job!
Dyess Air provided excellent service!
Easy to work with, quick to respond, and service is always top notch with a smile.
The team was very professional and responsive.
The last thing you want to happen is for your AC unit to give out in the middle of a hot summer day. To make sure that your AC unit is working in tip top shape, we have provided 4 signs to know when your AC is in need of repair.
- Warm Air - Warm air is something you never want to feel coming through your AC vents. Make sure your thermostat is set correctly and if it is, it could be that their is an issue with your unit's compressor.
- Insufficient Airflow - If your home is experiencing poor air flow, it could be due to your air filter being clogged or it could be something more serious like a broken motor. Contact our expert AC repair technicians in Hilton Head Island today for the help you need.
- Frequent Cycling -Your AC unit turning on and off is normal in order to keep your home at the correct temperature. But, if you notice that your AC unit is turning on and off more then 2 times in a half hour, your unit may be short-cycling and will need our professional AC technicians to come and perform a tune-up or repair.
- High Humidity -Your home is the last place your want to feel the outdoor sticky humid weather. If your AC system is not moderating the humidity levels automatically, it could be that their is an issue that needs repairing. Or it could be something as simple as a recalibration on your AC unit.
Common Air Conditioner Issues
Like any other system, air conditioning systems are subject to routine wear and tear, especially with frequent or consistent use. All AC systems—whether they are central ACs, ductless systems, mini-splits, or even window units—are complex machines with many different parts.
If any one of these parts malfunctions, or your thermostat is having issues, it can affect the overall performance of your system. So don't hesitate to give our Hilton Head Island air conditioning repair team a call for any AC repairs or maintenance your unit needs..
At Dyess Air & Plumbing, we repair all types of AC issues, including but not limited to:
- Weak or nonexistent airflow
- Refrigerant leaks
- Clogged condensate drain lines
- Problems with drip pans
- Damaged compressor fans
- Lack of adequate cooling
- Frozen condenser coils
- Dirty or clogged air filters
- Low refrigerant
If you’ve noticed a problem with your air conditioning system—such as insufficient cooling, unpleasant odors, or frequent cycling—our Hilton Head Island AC repair technicians can help. We will conduct a thorough system inspection to determine what is causing the problem and then get right to work completing the necessary repairs.
AC Repair vs Replacement
When your air conditioning system is no longer functioning properly, you may be faced with the decision of moving forward with an AC repair or a system replacement in Hilton Head Island. Here are some factors to consider:
- Age of the System: If your AC is more than 10-15 years old, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than repair it. An older system is likely to have more frequent breakdowns and may not be as energy-efficient as newer models.
- Cost of Repairs: If the cost of repairing your air conditioning system is more than 50% of the cost of a new unit, replacement may be the better option. However, if the AC repair is a simple fix or a part replacement, then fixing it may be the more affordable choice.
- Energy Efficiency: If your AC system is outdated, a replacement may provide more energy-efficient options, resulting in lower utility bills and better cooling performance.
- Frequency of Repairs: If your air conditioning system requires recurring repairs, it may be a sign that the system is nearing the end of its lifespan, and it may be more practical to replace it.
- Environmental Impact: If you are concerned about the environmental impact of your AC system, a replacement may be the better option. Newer models are designed to be more energy-efficient, reducing your carbon footprint.
Ultimately, the decision to move forward with an AC replacement or repair in Hilton Head Island depends on your specific situation. It's best to consult with a qualified HVAC technician who can provide a professional assessment and recommendation based on your needs and budget.
Schedule Quality AC Repair in Hilton Head Today
When your air conditioner isn’t working properly, you need repairs and you need them fast. Luckily, our team of Hilton Head Island air conditioning repair is just a phone call away! With our Hilton Head Island AC repair team, we are proud to have earned a reputation for quality services and exceptional customer care.
Over our 40+ years in business, we have consistently made our customers our number one priority. You can rely on us to provide honest, trustworthy AC repairs on Hilton Head Island as well as installations. Make sure you check out our incredible specials!
Earning Customers For LifeWe strive to do such a good job that we earn your business for life.
Trained TechniciansAll of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
Trustworthy & HonestWe never promise anything that we cannot guarantee.
24/7 Emergency ServiceWe are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies happen.
Financing OptionsWe offer financing options to save you money.
Respect Your HomeWe treat your home as if it was our own. We treat it with respect.
We built our company around honest, reliable work dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. When you need dependable heating, AC or plumbing services in your home, call our team to schedule an appointment or request a service online today.